Daniel Tyradellis, Vice Director of the Helmholtz Zentrum, will open the Potsdam Sanssouci Music Festival 2023 on 9.6.2023 with a ceremonial keynote address: “In Friendship. Of family ties, fraternal strife and elective affinities in music”. At the same time, a podcast on Spotify of a conversation between Tyradellis and Intendant Dorothee Oberlinger on the topic will be released.
WARP – Werkstatt für kulturelle Ausdrucksweisen und Recherche in der Praxis – addresses the relations and linkages of knowledge in research on material culture, curation, technology, and art through lectures and workshops.
When: Wednesdays 4.00 – 5.30 p.m. (CET) Where: Hermann von Helmholtz-Zentrum für Kulturtechnik, Campus North – House 3, Philippstr. 13, 10115 Berlin and digital on Zoom:https://hu-berlin.zoom.us/j/64719208170
SoSe 2023 Programme
26. April: 2 p.m. TAT DAOULA I sheen Exhibition tour with one of the co-curators, Laurence Douny (HU Berlin), and a talk at 4 p.m. by Patricia Alvarez Astacio (Brandeis University) – ‘Weaving Alpaca Wool, Ethics and Indigeneity in Ethical Fashions’ (in person only)
03. May: Yoonha Kim (HU Berlin) – ‘Wearing Sallim’
10. May: Lebogang Mokwena (University of the Western Cape) – ‘Material Identities: Shweshwe, Empire, and Africanity after Apartheid’ (online only)
17. May: Eliza Proszczuk (Academy of Fine Arts Warsaw) – ‘Girls from the Castle’
24. May: Annapurna Mamidipudi (TU Berlin and MPIWG Berlin) – ‘Talking Craft, Doing Science: Epistemologies of Color in India’
31. May: Gabriel Schimmeroth (MARKK Hamburg) – ‘Zwischenraum – A Space Between – Retrospect, Pandemic, Prospect (2019-2023) – Curating Repositioning and Rethinking Space at the MARKK’
07. June: Emma Tarlo (Goldsmiths) – ‚Hairy Entanglements: Writing, Exhibiting, and Crafting with Human Hair’
14. June: Lucy Norris (Weißensee Kunsthochschule Berlin) – ‘Regenerative Fibre Cultures: Fashioning New Threads of Connection’
21. June: Zuzanna Hertzberg (artist, Poland) – ‘Jewish Women Fighters – Herstories of Resistance as Message and Strategy for Today’
28. June: Tiara Roxanne (artist, postdoctoral fellow, Data and Society, NYC) – ‘The Grammar of Gathering’
05. July: Catalina Ortiz (UCL) – ‘Living Archive: Weaving Gender (Hi)Stories of Urban Reclamation in Moravia, Medellin’
12. July: Adela Taleb (HU Berlin) – ‘Weaving Worlds: The Power of Tales. Decolonial Potentials of Storytelling’ Kwame Aidoo (artist, Ghana) – ‘Intersection of Weaving and Storytelling: A Marginalized Community Pushes the Margins with Kpaluhi’
WARP – Werkstatt für kulturelle Ausdrucksweisen und Recherche in der Praxis is organized and coordinated by Magda Buchczyk und Dominik Biewer.
More Information Prof. Dr. Magdalena Buchczyk (she/her) Assistant Professor of Social Anthropology with a focus on cultural expressions Institute for European Ethnology Centre for Anthropological Research on Museums and Heritage (CARMAH) Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin email@example.com
Britta Lange and Kerstin Stoll cordially invite you to a lecture on their “Berliner Blau” experiments. These were carried out in the object laboratory of the Gerlach Building at the HZK and will now be presented via Zoom as part of the lecture series “Politiken der Farben” (Politics of Colour) on Tuesday, 22 June at 2 pm.